Kenya: It may come as a surprise to many that a Nigerian will post such an Article.
No disrespect to my beloved Country and Countrymen. I love my country but read on to understand the need to write this.
I am a West African, but i have great passion for kenyans.
A LITTLE HISTORY ABOUT KENYA
Kenya is a sovereign state in East Africa that is officially known as Republic of Kenya with Nairobi as the Capital and largest city.
It is the world’s forty-seventh largest country at 580,367 km2 (224,081 sq mi).
Its Highlands consists of one of the most successful agricultural production regions in Africa and it’s highlands are the site of the highest point in the country, the second highest peak in Africa Mount Kenya which reaches 5,199 m (17,057 ft).
Its climate varies from place to place, it is usually cool at night and early in the morning inland at higher elevations.
For the so many Kenyans, coffee is considered an export product, not something for local consumption. Most Kenyans prefer tea and beer despite the fact that coffee is the biggest income generator, this is followed by Tourism.
- About 48.5 million people live in Kenya.
- Kenya’s wildlife is unrivalled by any other in the world, both in terms of numbers and variety of species.
- Thousands of tourists visit the country every year to view the wild life particularly the wildebeest migration.
- Animals such as lion, leopard, buffalo, elephant, rhino, giraffe, zebra, crocodiles, hippopotamus, gazelles, cheetahs, hyena and a wide range of bird species can all be found in Kenya.
- About 2000 B.C.. Scientists discovered the earliest-known remains of human beings in Kenya.
- Although very little is known about these people but it’s believed that they are the ancestors of today’s Kenyans.
- Masai People, a tribe in Kenya are tall and slender and are known for their skill in the use of weapons and their strongly independent ways.
- English, Swahili and Numerous indigenous languages are spoken widely in Kenya. Swahili is also called ‘Kiswahili’.
- Its Currency is shilling, one shilling = 100 cents.
- It won independence in 1963 and has been a republic since 1964.
- In the world stage of sporting activities, Kenya is best known for Athletics.
- About 99% of Its population is made up of black Africans but there are also white Kenyans.
HOW AND WHY KENYANS INSPIRE ME
Like i stated in the facts, Kenyans are the world’s best long distance runners otherwise referred to as marathoners.
From their high-starch diet, to their altitude, to socioeconomics.
It has become a birth right for them. Winning is the only option, so they develop a Powerful Mental Toughness.
The man in the photo is a 56 year old Kenyan dad, who joined the marathon to impress his children.
They do not know how to give up until they get to the finish line. They always train and retrain on their altitudunal terrains.
Morale: Never say Never until you achieve what you want to Achieve.